Beware ! Its ME here

Police recognized me and let me off with a warning that I should not blog again..But unfortunately I was born with the nature to do or try what I am not supposed to do. My blog is also an after effect of my trying (:P) in spite of the warning I got from the readers who went through the page with out even a warning.

So now I thot of writing a warning message for all those get to see this wonderful page.

solemnly promising you that,this page will never reach up to any writing standard and will be full of junk materials.So I warn U:-Unknowingly if you have come to this page,"Close this window now",else U will feel too bad that you didn't , later on. OR else, if you dicide to proceed I am NO one to stop u, But then it is at your own risk !!!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let there be Advertisers…


They say Ambition is something like an ardent desire for rank, fame, or power…and every one will have their own ambition which will keep them move along the toughest path through life to reach their goals. What about dream then???? "Something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality or something which fully satisfies a wish."?? So says the Internet, I don’t know.. .. As per our dear A. P. J Abdul Kalam, Dream is not what you see in sleep, dream is the thing which does not let you sleep.” OH OH OH.. What am I blabbering about.. Quiet out of track I guess.. Well, not really... This is about my dream... if I can write an article, at least a paragraph ….which is quiet understandable, interesting, funny and worth reading.. Stop laughing friends... its not anymore a dream.. [That’s an update i made after the entire article is done]


I have this ardent desire for something and at the same time fulfillment of this wish is going to give me the satisfaction for a lifetime (at least a day).. SO what should i call that, a dream?? an ambition?? Ooops.. I have been making you wait for quiet some time

I have been talking about my dream to write something and to see that getting published somewhere..

Well, here my attempt doesn’t seem to be worth reading but consider it as my dream...its some thing like, a handicapped girl’s dream to walk without any help or like BTech without supplis…But some one told me to try with a quote, as “Nothing is Impossible as Impossible itself says I M POSSIBLE “… so here it goes…

With a crown to attract advertiser (do you call that the one who goes for getting advertisements),Ads are an important part of an college magazine as the expenditures are filled by them, without ads our magazine will not be ever out .So it was that necessary that some one need to be in the place. It was my destiny or as Sharukh says, “bade bade dheshom mein aise choti choti baatein hoti rahti hein.”

U might have seen a lot of such people in India (The one who go for getting ads), but cant help, none can go against fate... I became one among them, marketing a product with good and best qualities. This can’t be considered as marketing, a suitable substitution word popped out was begging. Almost everyone came with me felt it to cal this with the second name. Why never me?? But it was good that I never felt so, I felt something different like “survival of the fittest”, or else it would have created much more problems.


I started the journey from shops to shops and this is a bit worse case and my role in this can be easily compared with a fisherman whose job is to find new new fish every day and to trap them in their nets... Just the same process ahead waiting for me … need to go, talk, convince them for my rates...Some times will need to adjust with their rates like ”aavashyakaranu auchithyam illa “

Listing out the big lions from the bunch is the first job. Those who are most probable to pay us. .the next job is to design a strategy to sack them to make the questionnaire ready for them.. To find answers to dodge their questions and finally to practice smiling at the weirdest of moments. The implementation phase starts the moment we dial the number now its a game of snake and ladder making them fall into our net and they tactfully escaping and at the end getting the cheque (in most cases we get them not as money -- probably as there is *get some other word here). That’s it.

But I can tell that, this in fact helped me a lot in developing my character, language, attitude, and I can tell that I got job in time just because of this. .Isn‘t it that much good, which gives you a carrier, a way to start your life and all this just because of the journey you are in.. .. and its quite interesting if u start absorbing people you meet everyday…you will come to know how much complexity is in this world and how much complex characters are being created, the reaction of each and every one is really different and we get a lot of personalities to meet every day.......some are really good and most of them are really worse …..Really, you feel admiring the person who does this alone.. Is he alone or some helper do he have?? Well that is not the thing I am talking about.

And in the journey, a lot of wonderful dreams came true in unexpected and shocking ways. What will you feel, all on a sudden you became invisible, and the person you are talking to doesn’t seem to be watching you or hearing you…It happen to me in a fancy jewel shop, as I entered in and told the owner am there for an ad , I guess he almost had a nervous break down ..(He might have thought about a business of 1k where I was there to get some thing from him...) It was like I am invisible; he wasn’t able to see or hear me. After about 10 minutes of my talk he managed to look at me for the first time after I specified my reason to be there. I guess I became visible then. He asked, so what where you talking about.. I was made to repeat the whole thing again and after that he told me, “We are giving ads in TV ...so not interested.” By then, I had a nervous break down.

What if some one feels you are deaf, cant hear.. Shouts at you to answer your questions (I started to control my voice from then). What will you feel when a person tells he can’t give ad in an amazing manner that you start praising the fellow who told you that, in the way.. Yes, that was IPM principle Gopalakrishnan sir, I really felt praising him in the way he answered me. What will you feel when some one make you walk around 15 times for a confirmation of a small ad?? (I felt to get the ad for sure; and I got it). What will you feel when you ask for an ad in a place which doesn’t have small place to stand due to the rush of people and they tell you they have no money for an ad?? (No way!!! you get the ad). What will you feel when you go and wait in a place for almost 45 minutes and they feel you have been there for reading new papers?? What will you feel when some one gives you big expectations and finally a big zero?? What will you feel when you roam around confused to find the exact place where you need to give the broacher for the ad??

Well there are places from which makes you feel lucky to be where you are, else you would have missed to see such or understand that such wonderful people too do exist. This makes you think again of life which is a mixture of good and bad, happy and sad, life will never be the same as now it was my turn, next can be yours. And it’s been clear that “ In the confrontation between the stream and the rock , the stream always wins ..not through strength, But through Persistence.” so…if you work with patience, its sure that you will succeed at the work.. and after all…” Success is a journey , Not a destination “

These are some high lights of my journey. Almost 48 places we have gone through and the ads we got are in this magazine. It was a wonderful, unforgettable, valuable part of my life.



No comments: